NIFT: Complete Information
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is conducting a NIFT entrance exam to shortlist candidates for admission to the design programs it offers. Each year, more than 20,000 students attend the NIFT exam.
NIFT is considered a leader of design education and has its headquarters in New Delhi. Apart from this area, NIFT has domestic centres in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Patna, Shillong, Raebareli and Srinagar.
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT 2020
Candidates wishing to appear for the NIFT entrance exam should ensure that they meet the NIFT eligibility criteria for the NIFT entrance exam. The NIFT eligibility criteria include age bar and educational qualifications. Check the table for details of the eligibility criteria.
Admit Card for NIFT 2020.
Candidates will access NIFT 2020 admit card on January 10. They will remember that no hard copy of the admittance card will be sent. They will be required to carry the admission card to the Exam Centre, along with a valid ID proof. Neither applicant will be allowed to enter the review hall with the documentation alluded to above.
Applicants need to download the NIFT Admission Card from the official website of the design entrance examination as specified by the NIFT authorities. Aspirants can access the NIFT Admission Exam Card by providing details such as their six-digit identification number, date of birth and email
Exam Pattern of NIFT 2020
NIFT B.Des GAT 2020 Exam Pattern is given below for the comprehension of the applicant’s entrance test. The number of questions, the language of the examination, the mode, the marking scheme and the factors described in the NIFT B.Des GAT 2020 test pattern can be checked below in the table.
Exam Pattern of NIFT 2020
|Specifics||NIFT B.Des Exam||NIFT B.FTech Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline||Offline|
|Duration||2 Hours||3 Hours|
|Numbers of Questions||100||150|
Weightage for NIFT Admissions 2020
Exam Syllabus of NIFT 2020
Applicants are informed that the syllabus is not officially released by the National Institute of Fashion Technology for NIFT CAT. However, we have compiled a list of topics from which maximum questions are asked in the NIFT entrance examination in the past years. Aspirants can go through key topics to review when studying for the NIFT CAT below:
NIFT Syllabus 2020 for CAT
While preparing for the NIFT CAT exam, candidates need to note that they will be evaluated based on their creativity and illustrative skills. Some issues based on which candidates were assessed in the NIFT Entry Exam 2020 are described below:
- Design Theory
- Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions
- Colour Terminology
- Natural and Geometrical Form
- Inspiration and Design Development
- Principles of Composition
- Drawing Fundamentals
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Design Awareness
- Mood, Theme and Colour Inter-relationship
- Understanding Light & Shade
- Usage of Colour in Compositions
- Visual Logic
- Inspiration and Creativity
- Creative thinking & writing
- Innovation in Design
- Optical Illusion
- Colour, Pattern & Texture
- Form and Function
- Theme Development
- Picture Analysis
- Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions
- Memory Drawing
- Ornaments & motifs
- Developing Themes & Colour Associations
- Optical Illusion
- 3D Visualisation
- Foreshortening & Perspective
- Imagination & Doodling
- Presentation Techniques
- Expression & Emotion
- Exercises on imagination
- Graphics & Pictograms
- Lateral Thinking
- Story Pictures
- Innovation & Creation
NIFT Syllabus 2020 for GAT
GAT tests academic skills such as mathematics (class 10), reasoning, English language and comprehension. It is also made up of GK, current affairs, and fashion industry information.
NIFT Entrance Exam’s core topics from which candidates can expect questions are mentioned below in the NIFT GAT exam:
- Quantitative ability (20 Question)
- Communication ability (25 Question)
- Analytical ability (15 Question)
- English comprehension (25 Question)
- General knowledge and current affairs (15 Question)
Books for NIFT 2020
- Guide for NIFT/NID/IIFT 2020by Arihant Experts
- Guide for NIFT/NID/IIFT 2018
- NIFT Exam Full Package by LearnX
Exam Preparation Tips for NIFT 2020
NIFT 2020 Preparation Tips will help students prepared to crack the NIFT 2020 exam by providing different effective tricks. NIFT is a regular entrance test at the national level. These institutes offer different programs for undergraduates and graduates. The examination is designed to test the creativity skills of the candidate such as drawing, observing, visualizing and writing. For the entrance exam, 22000 candidates will appear each year, out of which 2400 seats will be allocated to candidates based on merit list. Candidates must prepare a strategy to separate them from the rest of the candidates because of high competition.
- NIFT exam’s main purpose is to measure the creative and imaginative abilities of the applicant. Try to sketch anything you like a lot. Try new things to test yourself.
- Do some yoga and meditation to boost your concentration power to focus better.
- Do a mock test every day to gauge your level of preparation and keep improving with it.
- Candidates need to know what’s going on around the world and country. Make a daily practice of reading the newspaper. Candidates should read books and magazines related to fashion / design as well.