Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam
The candidates applying for the NDA examination should ensure that they fulfil every eligibility condition. At every stage of the examination, your admission is purely provisional and subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions, so go through the conditions carefully.
National Defence Academy (NDA) ensures eligibility of candidates on the following conditions:
On National Grounds: You must be an Unmarried male candidate and
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India is also eligible for NDA EXAM.
- You are also eligible for the NDA exam if you are an Indian origin who has migrated to Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, and Ethiopia.
On Age Limit, Marital Status and Sex: An unmarried male candidate born not earlier than 2nd January 2001 and not later than 1st January 2004 is only eligible for NDA II Exam 2019. The date of birth should be same as entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
Note: Candidates are not supposed to marry until they complete their full training. Any candidate who marries during NDA training shall be discharged and will have to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
On Educational Qualifications:
- Army Wing of NDA: You must be 12th Class pass or higher secondary pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for Indian Naval Academy: You must have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics, conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Note: Even candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class can also apply for this examination.
On Physical Standard: You must be physically and mentally fit if you wish to appear in NDA Exam according to the prescribed physical standards of the conducting authority i.e. Services Selection Board (SSB). A candidate qualified by the SSB will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
The candidate should possess good physical and mental health and free from any ailment which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of military duties.
- Your Minimum height should be 157 cm for Army, Navy and Naval Academy while 162.5 cm is for Air Force.
- 5 cm leverage is provided to Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of the North-Eastern regions.